Pages

February 9, 2012

Valentine's day Inspired Eye Makeup

I'm in a love/hate relationship with Valentine's Day.
On one hand, I love it because it's just so sweet and there's love in the air and that's just something I really enjoy feeling, on the other hand it's not a lot of fun when you're single (which I am).
But I still like dressing up and doing my makeup and a cute nail design, the difference is just that I'm staying at home eating chocolate watching 'Valentine's Day' on DVD. Haha, that's what I've been doing for the past years!

I'm going to wear this look February 14th because it's kind of special and sweet, but not too overdone for school. It's actually pretty simple and before I'm writing too much, let's get into it:

1. I prime my eyelids and let the primer set for a few seconds.
elf eyelid primer, artdeco eyeshadow base
2. I take a large flat shader brush and get a peachy/pink color with a pearl finish on it. I sweep the color all over my lid up to my crease.
BH Cosmetics 88 Neutral Palette 
3. I use a fluffy blending brush to contour my crease using a matte, midtoned brown eyeshadow.
essence e/s Always Hippie (Summer of Love LE)
4. I use a smudge brush and apply a pearly white eyeshadow under the arch of my brows and in my inner eye corners.
Catrice Smokey Eyes Set Meet me at the bonfire (I used the lightest color from the quad)
5. I use a black liquid eyeliner to line my upper lash line and I slightly wing out the line towards the outer part of my eye.
L'Oréal Lineur Intense Carbon Black
6. I use a dark brown eye pencil and lightly run this along my lower lash line to define it a little bit.
p2 perfect look eye pencil 020 brown
7. I apply to coats of my favorite black mascara.
L'Oréal Voluminous Million Lashes

Do you have any special plans for Valentine's Day?

Anyway, I hope you are going to have a great day, no matter what you're doing!

Lots of love,
Nathalie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a comment! I read and appreciate every single one! Also make sure to check back for my reply :)