Pages

November 15, 2011

2 Healthy (and super yummy!) Breakfast Ideas

Porridge with pear and cinnamon
I always cook this in fall/winter when I have to stay home because I'm sick. Also the perfect breakfast for rainy days. Warms me up and makes me feel good.
The picture is from here
What you need (for 1 serving):
• as many oat flakes as you like (no instant product!)
• 1 cup (250 ml) of fat-reduced milk + a little more
• 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon of sugar
• 1 pear, peeled and finely chopped

Directions:
1.) Pour milk into a small pot and bring it to a boil. Don't let it burn!
2.) Add oat flakes, cook it for 1 minute, take it off the fireside and reduce heat. Simmer until the milk is soaked up and then add a little more. Keep on stirring!
3.) When the oat flakes are soft, add sugar and cinnamon. Finally, add the chopped pear and cook it for another 2-3 minutes until the pear is warmed.



Sliced Apple With Cottage Cheese Dip
I discovered this recipe on realsimple.com. I changed it a little bit to make it breakfast-worthy. It gives your body everything it needs; proteins, vitamins and a little sugar. Plus it's super easy to make!
The picture is from here
What you need (for 1 serving):
• 1 big apple (my favorite sort is Pink Lady)
• 1/2 cup (120g) of cottage cheese
• 2 teaspoons of honey
• optional: 1 tablespoon of raisins

Directions:
1.) Slice the apple, put the slices on a plate and set aside.
2.) Mix the cottage cheese with the honey and put it in the middle of the plate (shown above). If you want to, add raisins.

I hope you enjoy these dishes!

Love,
Nathalie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a comment! I read and appreciate every single one! Also make sure to check back for my reply :)