Pages

August 30, 2012

August Favorites

Hi lovelies!

First of all, let me excuse myself for my little absence from blogger, of course I haven't given up and everything, but school started again for me and so I wanted to get settled and adapt to my routine before starting to blog again. I'm a senior now and so school is really important to me, I hope you understand!

Anyway, on to the main topic of this (not so) little post, my favorites for the month of August...


I truthfully haven't done a lot of favorites posts on my blog (one or two maybe?!), that's simply because I pretty much use the same products every day or respectively every month and so I would feel like repeating myself all the time. I have however bought or rediscovered some new products I'd like to share with you.

First up is the Wella SP Repair Shampoo. This is the shampoo my hair stylist always uses on my hair and it honestly feels sooo soft and smooth afterwards and so earlier this year I gave in and bought it. It does an excellent job at moisturizing my hair without weighing it down, plus a little goes a long way with this since it lathers up reall nicely. It's not the cheapest shampoo out there, but worth the splurge for me!

Next is the L'Oréal Elnett Very Volume Hairspray, a product I've bought after seeing Anna using it on her hair. I bought a travel size to see how I like it and what to say, I love it! I spray this into my hair after blowdrying, focusing on the upper part and roots, and lightly scrunch it afterwards. It immediately adds body and texture to my mane and overall just makes it looks a bit more voluminous and messy. The only downside would probably be that it doesn't smell particularly nice (a bit granny-ish if you ask me). But overall a thumbs up from me!

I have one skincare product to share and it's the Alverde Heilerde Peeling Mask. I'm currently in the process of changing up my entire skincare routine and this was one of the first purchases I made. It's a purifying mask which is targeted at oily, acne prone skin. I don't want to give too much away since I've only used it a couple of times, but I definitely see an improvement in my skin! Will report back with a full review soon :)

In terms of makeup I have been loving my Catrice Lip Appeal Gloss in Bare Necessity. I've recently gone through a phase of wearing anything but lipstick, but this gloss is just a nice 'my lips but nude and better' shade. It's not the nicest formula (it can be slightly sticky), but it's gorgeous though and perfect for everyday wear.

The last favorites combined are actually my most loved cheek combo of this past month! I've rediscovered my essence Sun Club bronzer in the lighter shade and also my p2 feel good blush in innocent rose. The bronzer is decently pigmented and is perfect for warming up my skin a bit,  simply pop a bit of this on to a duo fibre brush and run it through the hollows of my cheeks in a slightly upward motion. The blush color is just a gorgeous rosy pink with a light golden shimmer to it, the best shade in my opinion to fake a good night's sleep!

So once again thank you for being patient with me, I'm trying to schedule a couple of posts every now and then to keep this blog alive ;)

Have a great day!

Nathalie xx

2 comments:

  1. I have been looking for a lip gloss that does exactly that, oh my goodness, yay! Thank you. :)
    Mia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm so glad you like it! It's fab and besides it's cheap as chips, let me know how you like it if you try it out :)

      Nathalie xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a comment! I read and appreciate every single one! Also make sure to check back for my reply :)