Pages

June 1, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo (+ Sultry Eye Makeup)


So I admit that it took me a few weeks and countless reviews to finally give in and buy the new Maybelline Color Tattoo. My experience with cream shadows has been rather awful so far since so many start creasing on me after one or two hours of wear. But I have a little obsession with this one going on and I will tell you why!


The Maybelline Color Tattoo shadows are sort of a cream gel formula that blends wonderfully whether you use it with your fingers or a brush (I recommend a synthetic one). After applying it, it dries down a bit and from that part on, this stuff won't go anywhere. I used an eye primer underneath and I can say this lasted about 8 or 9 hours without creasing which is quite an achievement for me (Note: I have very oily eye lids!). If you have normal or dry skin, you can probably get away without the primer and get a little more wear out of it.

Left: not blended -- Right: blended
The shade that I have is On and on bronze (Bad to the bronze for all the fellow Americans amongst you) and it is the most beautiful bronze color with golden brown-ish undertones. It does have some shimmer/sparkle to it, but just the right amount in my opinion. The shadow is incredibly pigmented, a little goes a long way here! You can receive a nice wash of color by blending it out or layer it for a more glamorous night-out look.

Now moving on to the fun part of this post! :D


I was inspired by the gorgeous Vivianna who was rocking a smokey eye on her blog today and I wanted to recreate the look and of course reached for my glorious Color Tattoo eyeshadow!


I used a synthetic brush to put the shadow all over my lid bringing it quite high near my brows. Then I put some of the shadow under my eye using a smudge brush and blended it out with a clean cotton swab. I lined my upper lash line with a dark brown eyeliner and also used the same liner on the water line. A generous coat of mascara et voilĂ !

For the rest of the makeup I kept it really simple: I evened out my skin with some foundation and concealer and dusted the tiniest amount of powder on top. I sweeped a little bit of bronzer on to my cheeks to contour my face. On my lips, I used a dusty pink lipstick, blotted it and topped my lips with nude lip gloss.

What are your thoughts on the Maybelline Color Tattoo?

Love,
Nathalie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a comment! I read and appreciate every single one! Also make sure to check back for my reply :)