Pages

March 4, 2012

Sunday Routine: Cleaning The Makeup Brushes


Hands down everyone: How often do you clean your makeup brushes? I admit that I also never put a lot of effort in keeping them nice and clean, but then I kinda realized that I probably should, especially to beat the nasty bacteria which love breeding on dirty brushes.
I normally don't apply makeup on sundays anyways which makes it the perfect day for cleaning them (and starting fresh into the new week).


What I do: Nothing special actually, but here's a litte guide on how to clean your brushes the right way:
1. Take your brush and hold it down so that the bristles show down (this avoids that water gets inside your brush which might cause the glue to be washed off and so the bristles will fall out)
2. Thoroughly wet the brush under lukewarm water.
3. Take a peasize amount of shampoo into your hand and start to swirl the brush in it. It will foam up and all the dirt comes out of the bristles.
4. Wash out any residue with lukewarm water (remember: the bristles show down!).
5. Lay you clean brushes down horizontally on a towel and allow them to dry (you can also use brush guards).

Shampoo recommendations:
• Baby shampoo
It's a very sensitive shampoo, but does not foam up too well, so there's a risk of residues on your brush. But works if you wash out your brushes properly.
• Deep-Cleansing Shampoo
My shampoo of preference. Foams up nicely and removes any dirt and residue.

I hope this post was helpful for you. If you have any further questions, feel free to leave them in the comments!

Have a great sunday!

Nathalie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a comment! I read and appreciate every single one! Also make sure to check back for my reply :)