Pages

April 14, 2012

Healthy Dinner: Tuna Sandwich + Carrot Salad

This dish (if you can call it a dish) is a staple in my somehow-still-quite-small recipe collection. I always have the ingredients at home which is amazing for days like today when I'm craving for some comfortable food that is going to satisfy me and fill me up but yet can be called healthy.
It's super simple and doesn't involve any cooking, it's just a few steps and I'm ready to eat whilst sitting on my sofa watching 90ies chick flicks.


CARROT SALAD

I shred one big carrot, mix it with a few spritzes of lemon juice and add a little bit of sunflower oil. Then I lightly season with salt and pepper.


TUNA SANDWICH

I put half a can of tuna into a small bowl and lightly tear it to bits with a fork. I dice one hard-boiled egg and add it as well as two teaspoons of low fat cream cheese and one teaspoon of sandwich cream. I mix everything and season with salt and pepper.
In the meanwhile I roast a generous piece of French Bread so that it's yummy and crunchy again (It was left from breakfast this morning). I halve it and put a generous amount of my tuna salad on it.

Note: It's all about being generous. :-)

Love,
Nathalie x

2 comments:

  1. love it! looks so yummy :)
    i'm also on the way to eat more healthy. :D
    in btw I think your blog is great and I started to follow you!
    maybe you'll have a look on my blog as well, dear :))

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a comment! I read and appreciate every single one! Also make sure to check back for my reply :)