Pages

February 15, 2013

Artdeco Eyeshadow No.26

After rather extensively enjoying my last break in school (graduation comes closer and closer - eek!), I thought I'd share a little makeup gem with you that has been gracing my eyelids non-stop for the past week or so. It's the Artdeco Eyeshadow in the color 26 that has won me over completely and let me tell you that is rare as I'm not really an eyeshadow person!

 


No.26 is part of Artdeco's Pearl Eyeshadow range and therefore has a gorgeous pearly shimmer to it. The color is best described as a lovely champagne beige which is not too warm or too cool. I'd say this eyeshadow is perfect for both day and night looks. During the day, I wear it all over the lid with a little bit of dark brown eyeliner and lashings of mascara. When I went out last weekend, I paired it with the ever-so-lovely Maybelline Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze for a bronze smokey eye.


The color payoff is - as with all Artdeco eyeshadows - outstanding, the shadows are very buttery and easily blendable. No.26 tends to give me a tiny bit of fallout, but I find this with most shimmery eye shadows. Nothing a makeup wipe could not fix!


Similarly to the MAC or Urban Decay 'Build Your Own' system, Artdeco offers palettes and refills that enable you to create your own eyeshadow kit that is tailored exactly to your needs. The palettes come in a variety of designs and sizes. Furthermore, the eyeshadow pans are magnetic as well as the inside of the palettes which makes building everything together a quick and easy task. My palette is old and battered, it used to be my mom's actually (she upgraded to a bigger size by now), but I love the Vintage feel that it has to it :)

Availability:
Artdeco can be picked up from most German department stores. The eyeshadow pans retail for 4.80€ each.  However, if you are UK-based, then I'd recommend you to check out beautybay.com as they carry the entire range of Artdeco, plus offer free worldwide delivery! The eyeshadows will set you back at £5.39 each there which is an amazing deal considering the quality.

Are you intrigued by Artdeco?

Nathalie x

P.S.: The second color I have in my palette is the Artdeco Eyebrow Powder in No.5. I mostly use this in my crease to create a natural shadow though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a comment! I read and appreciate every single one! Also make sure to check back for my reply :)