Pages

May 3, 2012

My Evening Ritual

You guys know that you should always get your makeup off, tone and moisturize your face before going to sleep, but in my opinion, it's equally important to take good care of your hands, cuticles and lips, too.


I actually started doing this because I have some products that I don't really like, but want to use up though (we all have those products!). So I sort of developed this little ritual that I do every night before switching out my bedside lamp and diving into the land of dreams.


First of all, I use my Body Shop Cranberry Joy Lip Balm and apply a good layer of this on to my lips. I bought this last year around christmas time because I totally fell for the smell. Plus you can never have to many lipbalms, right? The downside was that I hated how it looked on my lips. It's sort of a milky, lavender pink color that washes me out badly.
I rediscovered this last month in the depths of my makeup container and now I love it because it's such a good moisturizing lipbalm! Ever since using it, my lips have gotten a lot smoother and healthier.

I then go in with my Body Shop Chocomania Body Butter which I use as a hand cream. I got this free with purchase last month but oh Lord, the smell blows me away! I've never experienced such a strong scent in any beauty product before (and I'm actually one of those girls who prefer lighter scents). I could never bring myself to use it on my entire body :) But as you know, body butter is an extremely moisturizing product which makes it perfect for an intensive overnight hand treatment. Gotta love my soft hands now!

Last but not least, I pull out my Figs & Rouge Balm in Rambling Rose and pop a little bit of this on to my cuticles. So many british beauty bloggers rave about this and so I wanted to try it as well. You can read my full review here.
But bad news alert: I left this in the sun once and that somehow caused the smell to change a lot; but definitely not for the better! It still works brilliant as an extra cuticle treatment although, I do have to say that the natural oils help to nourish my dry cuticles a lot.

Do you have such an evening ritual, too? What products do you use?

Love,
Nathalie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a comment! I read and appreciate every single one! Also make sure to check back for my reply :)